The Harris L. Klein Memorial Scholarship
The Southwest Broward Republican Organization – SWBRO - has established the
Harris L. Klein Memorial Scholarship Essay Contest
to promote the education of our future community leaders as well as memorialize Mr. Klein’s love
of country and his many contributions through his 21 years of service in the U.S. Air Force and his many, many years of service through his holding office, serving on boards and working in various community organizations. With this award, we seek to identify talented youth that demonstrate Mr. Klein’s spirit of self-reliance and responsibility in a free society.
Graduating 2016 high school senior students planning to further their education at an
institution of higher in learning are eligible to enter to win this $1,000 Scholarship.
Essay Contest Rules
1. TOPIC: The essay requests the student explain why and how the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights and the Rule of Law are important to the future success and freedom of citizens of the United States.
2. ESSAY REQUIREMENTS: All Essays must be submitted as a Word document, be typed, double spaced
and between 450 to 500 maximum words. The essay may not include graphics, photos or a resume of the student submitting the essay.
3. BLIND GRADING: The essay will be judged on content, originality, grammar, spelling, punctuation, overall presentation and compliance with rules. The actual essay should not contain the name of the student but the student should submit a separate cover page with their name, address, telephone number and/or
E-mail address and the name of the high school they attend and name of the school of higher learning they plan to attend.
4. SUBMISSION BY E-MAIL: All essays to be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line being: Harris L. Klein Memorial Scholarship Essay.
5. Deadline for submission of Essays is midnight March 1, 2017. Any essays submitted after the deadline will not be judged and will not be considered for a scholarship.
6. DISCLAIMER: All submissions will become property of SWBRO and may be posted on the SWBRO website.
Thank you in advance for distributing this to your graduating seniors.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In subject line write SCHOLARSHIP and you will receive a prompt reply.
President SWBRO – Southwest Broward Republican Organization